Deer Lake Cottages
Lakeside resort boasting hundreds of thousands in upgrades and improvements including a new luxury owner’s residence.
If you are looking for modern living in an old style, turn-key resort, then welcome home.
This tranquil place will capture your heart.
Deer Lake Cottages
Welcome to Deer Lake Cottages
Picturesque winding country roads lead you through northern forests dotted with farms and fields, to this hidden gem, located on a small private lake in the beautiful near north. This lakeside resort boasts hundreds of thousands in upgrades and improvements including a new luxury owner’s residence. If you are looking for modern living in an old style, turn-key resort, then welcome home. This tranquil place will capture your heart.
Luxurious one bedroom owner’s residence:
• Built new in 2015, with Tarion Warranty.
• 1,525 square feet.
• An elegant combination of classic and modern design depicting fine country living.
• Private east facing view of Deer Lake from each principal room.
Open concept living area:
• Bright kitchen boasting ample shaker style cabinetry.
• Large island and breakfast bar with drop down lighting.
• Luxurious stainless steel appliances include French door refrigerator, dual propane gas and electric range, range hood, built-in dishwasher.
• Mosaic, jewel toned glass back splash. Oil rubbed bronze Edison lighting, pot lighting and under mount lighting.
• Dining room is spacious with a bank of windows offering tranquil views.
• Living room boasts a vaulted ceiling finished with Manitoulin Island white cedar.
• Propane fireplace surrounded with floor to ceiling stone, graced with a rustic barn beam style mantle.
• Exceptional wall to wall and floor to ceiling windows offer picturesque views of the lake.
• 2 garden doors lead to separate covered decks facing the lake.
• Over sized master bedroom and a large walk-in closet. Garden door leading to the wrap around deck. Panorama of windows offer a great view the lake. Wake up to sunrises, let the frogs sing you to sleep.
• Bathroom offers an oversized walk-in tiled shower, extended vanity with double sinks.
• Solid, structurally engineered poured concrete foundation and basement floor. Basement is 4’ high offering an abundance of storage and housing water softener, central vac, energy efficient propane furnace, HVAC, hot water on demand.
• A gated entrance welcomes you to the resort. The owner’s residence used to be in this area. The lot is still there, available to be built on again.
• The grounds consist of 7.78 acres, adorned with majestic mature trees, a combination of wide open green spaces, wooded areas, plenty of Cambrian shield rock for added character, and a gradual slope to the cottages below.
• The shoreline boasts smooth Cambrian Shield stone sloping gently into the water. Guests also enjoy swimming from the docks or sandy boat launch area.
• New NyDock docking in 2014, valued at $40,000. The 2 T-shaped docks consist of 6 sections of 8’ X 24’, pressure treated lumber.
•8 housekeping waterfront cottages. Enjoy coffee on your deck with a view of the morning mist rising off the water. Fully furnished and equipped with their own water heaters, updated appliances, barbeques, picnic tables and fire pits.
• The Lodge: 30’ X 58’, There are many possibilities for this charming chalet. Formerly a gathering place for guests, now being rented as a family sized cottage. Log style post and beam decor, cathedral ceilings. 7 huge principal rooms include 3 bedrooms, 1 kitchen and another former kitchen now used as storage area, a billiard room and a great room. There is also 1- 4 piece and 1-3 piece bathroom, additional storage and utility rooms. A pool table and floor to ceiling stone fireplace (needs a new chimney) in the billiard room. Updated
garden doors, vinyl siding, decking front and side, electrical and hot water tank. A bank of windows face the lake.
5 Trailer Sites:
• Each in their own private wooded settings,
• Each serviced with 30 amp hydro and running water from the newly drilled well (2014),
• Each with connection to the septic system (replaced in 2014).
• Gate House: Recently built (2014), fully insulated 20’ X 20’, located at the entrance to the grounds. This building can lend itself to a variety of uses.
• Garage/workshop: 26’ X 48’ with over sized bay door, loft storage, supplied with running water and updated 200 amp service.
• Wood barn: Stock up on firewood in the 30’ X 15’ wood barn, serviced with electricity.
• Shower House: 16’ X 15’; 3 separate rooms include a bathroom with toilet and shower, another room with shower, and a laundry room with coin operated washer and new hot water tank (2016).
Location, Amenities and Deer Lake:
We are just 8kms north of Trans-Canada Highway 17, halfway between North Bay and Sudbury, less than one hour’s drive from either city. Shopping is available just 15 minutes away in Sturgeon Falls. Mere minutes to either of 2 golf courses in Verner and Markstay. Deer Lake is a small quiet lake, about 4-5 kms in length. Our shallow lake is usually calm, and warms up quickly in the early summer for swimming. With no public access to our lake, the fishing has remained excellent over the years. You will find large and small mouth bass, pickerel, pike, blue gill and cat fish. There is no shortage of perch and sunfish that can be caught right from our docks, keeping the kids busy all day!
More details and photos on my website: http://carmenbedard.com/listings/lakeside-resortand-residence.html
Virtual Tour: https://youtu.be/1w1UvhXafs8
For more information, or to schedule an appointment to view, please contact:
Carmen Bedard, Broker
RE/MAX Sudbury Inc., Brokerage